To be an effective voice for advancing public policy in the transportation sector to drive the safe, environmentally sustainable, efficient and economical movement of members’ products and to enhance growth in the Canadian economy.
To represent, advance and influence views on transportation policy for western Canadian-based members that move mainly resource products through the supply chain to domestic and international customers.
- Identify relevant and common concerns, opportunities and immediate requirements of our membership.
- Represent the Coalition during the final stage of the Federal CTA review process by responding, presenting and submitting as a collective Western voice across several commodity groups.
- Continue engagement and provide feedback to Transport Canada and the Canadian Transportation Agency regarding Railway Capital Structure, Regulatory Railway Costing Model(s) and Regulatory Modernization Initiatives(s).
- Active involvement with supply chain issues including rail, port/terminals and trucking, which may arise and are determined a priority within the WCSC.
- Be a ‘common voice’, speak as one and develop relationships with government, key stakeholders and major influencers.
- Each individual company will also represent its own interests and have every opportunity to do so outside the scope of the WCSC.
- Be an effective voice and lobby on behalf of membership to protect the rights that shippers have under the current regulatory environment and to expand legislation that will benefit the collective group in terms of providing a cost-effective, efficient transportation system.
- Provide an opportunity for networking and dialogue among members on industry-level topics.
- Collaborate with other groups and associations to advance the mandate of the WCSC.